Before Application of Henna:
- The area of henna application should be washed off nicely (there should not be any moisturizer or lotion on the skin)
- It is preferred that manicures and pedicures are done before the application of henna
- It usually takes 24- 48 hours after paste removal for the henna to stain.
After Applying Henna Paste (After Care) :
- Let the henna stay on skin for 6-8 hours. The longer it stays on the skin the darker stain it gets. If possible leave the henna overnight on skin.
- Moisture the design with lemon juice and sugar syrup. Mix lemon juice with sugar and Tap the juice on the design with cotton.
- Henna & Heat are friends. To get a darker stain you can steam the area of henna gently.
- To keep the henna on skin, it can be covered with toilet paper, medical tape etc .
- Remove the paste using olive oil and a butter knife or spoon. DO NOT WASH THE HENNA WITH WATER.
- Try to avoid direct contact with water for 24 hours. The stain will be light orange right after the removal of paste, and then gradually within 48 hours the color will develop to dark brown ( depending on body chemistry and the duration of paste on skin ).
- Enjoy your HENNA ^_^